By Jamie Kurtz,Brian Wortman
The ASP.NET MVC Framework has continually been a great platform on which to enforce REST-based providers, however the creation of the ASP.NET net API Framework raised the bar to a complete new level.
Now in unlock model 2.1, the net API Framework has developed right into a strong and refreshingly usable platform. This concise ebook presents technical heritage and tips that might help you most sensible use the ASP.NET net API 2 Framework to construct world-class leisure services.
New content material during this variation includes:
- New features in internet API 2 (currently model 2.1).
- Support for partial updates, or PATCH.
- API versioning.
- Support for legacy SOAP-based operations.
- How to address non-resource APIs utilizing REST
- How to most sensible divulge relationships among resources
- JSON internet Tokens, CORS, CSRF
Get prepared for authors Jamie Kurtz and Brian Wortman to take you from 0 to leisure provider hero very quickly in any respect. No past event with ASP.NET internet API is needed; all internet API-related recommendations are brought from uncomplicated ideas and constructed to the purpose the place you should use them in a creation procedure. a superb operating wisdom of C# and the .NET Framework are the one necessities to top reap the benefits of this book.
What youll learn
- Introduction to the remainder architecture
- How to layout a leisure API
- New services in ASP.NET internet API 2
- Understanding ASP.NET net API controller activation
- Automatic lifetime administration for database connections and transactions
- Using NHibernate with ASP.NET internet API
- Easily safe a leisure provider, utilizing standards-based authentication and authorization and JSON net Tokens
- Supporting legacy cleaning soap callers with ASP.NET internet API
- How to show relationships among resources
- Supporting partial source updates below REST
- Web API versioning
Who this publication is for
Intermediate point builders in .NET, leisure, C#
Read Online or Download ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish PDF
Best microsoft programming books
In DetailWCF is Microsoft's instructed version for development companies and Entity Framework is Microsoft’s most popular ORM for gaining access to underlying information storages. studying WCF and Entity Framework has turn into crucial and demanding for each software program developer to outlive during this SOA international. WCF and Entity Framework are strong but complicated applied sciences, and there are large reference tomes available in the market available in the market for those applied sciences.
Professional ASP. web internet API exhibits you the way to construct versatile, extensible internet prone that run seamlessly on a variety of working platforms and units, from pcs to capsules to shrewdpermanent phoneseven those we dont recognize this present day. ASP. internet net API is a brand new framework designed to simplify net provider structure.
Frühere Versionen des TFS waren schwergewichtig in der set up und die Lizenzkosten waren gerade für kleine groups häufig abschreckend. Doch es gibt Abhilfe: sei es nun die kostenlose convey variation oder ein TFS in den Wolken: der neue TFS kostet wenig Zeit und Geld, bietet aber das volle Spektrum des ALM.
During this absolutely up to date moment version, award-winning writer Tim Leung explains the best way to construct data-centric company functions for the computer, cloud, net, and cellular units in precisely a couple of clicks—with no code required—using visible Studio Lightswitch 2015. This publication explains the fundamentals of visible Studio Lightswitch 2015 plus new beneficial properties and key complicated subject matters that each Microsoft developer must recognize to create smooth facts companies and construct consumers that could run on a number of units.
- Mastering Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
- Visual C# 2010 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
- Pro XAML with C#: Application Development Strategies (covers WPF, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1)
- Pro WF 4.5
Extra resources for ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish